What is an antimicrobial?
• An antimicrobial is a substance that inhibits or stops the growth of all micro-organisms or destroys them. First Health’s Nano Defence range of protectants in Singapore provides long lasting anti-microbial protection for 30days following initial application.
How do antimicrobial coatings work?
• An antimicrobial coating is a durable, long-lasting surface treatment that when applied to a surface, builds up a layer of positively charged microspikes onto any surface.to which it has been applied. The layer is an active protective coating that endows surfaces disinfection properties which prevails for weeks up to 30 days. This surface destroys all types of micro-organisms that come into contact with it, including yeasts, germs, fungi, protozoans, bacteria and viruses, including the human coronavirus.
What is special about the antimicrobial layer from First Health’s Nano Defence (NDF) Range of Protectants
• Once applied, our protectants build durable coatings thatrender any surface with powerful residual antimicrobial properties. Unlike conventional disinfectants, the layer of active protection from all germs works round the clock,on a 24/7 basis. This means risks of cross contamination is almost eliminated and treated surfaces continue to remain 99.99% germ free for at 30 days. Families and workers can be confident that their environment and work surfaces will allow each and every one to stay safe and healthy during pandemic situations.
• First Health’s range of protectants use ingredients that are nontoxic and non-corrosive and have been certified US and NZ EPA approved.
Why should we use First Health’s Nano Defence (NDF) Range of Protectants?
• In the current pandemic, we risk and also fear coming into contact with harmful pathogens, especially the Covid-19 virus. To avoid falling ill or contracting the harmful virus, we can step up clean and also disinfecting as many surfaces around us as possible. First Health’s surface protectants as well as our patented linen/fabric protectant will help families and organisations fight harmful germs stopping their spread. In these abnormal days of Covid – 19, our Antimicrobial Shield will help stop the spread!
• Typical methods of disinfection only work on a ‘one off’ basis and mostly alcohol based. First Health’s protectants eliminate the risk of infection from cross-contamination 24/7 for 30 days after surfaces or linen/fabrics have been cleaned and treated.
Will regularly cleaning a treated surface remove the active layer of antimicrobial protection?
• No. Regular routine cleaning will only serve to enhance the efficacy of the active protection layer, helping to ensure that the disinfection ability remains at maximum efficacy for 30 days. Click here to read how you can clean your home effectively for protection against germs, bacteria and viruses.
What preparation is necessary prior to applying the treatment?
• For surfaces: Ensure that the surface is already cleaned. Surfaces should be allowed to dry prior applying the treatment for optimal efficacy.
• For linen, textiles and fabrics: ensure
What are the rules for washing soft materials and laundry? Are there any special tips?
• Yes, it is important to learn how to wash soft materials and clothes to avoid contamination. It has been proven that the coronavirus can survive for hours or even days on surfaces including clothes, so laundry washing is an important part of our daily routine for hygiene. We advise you to keep laundry away from high touch areas and wash your clothes daily with First Health NDF Pro5000™
• We advise that you use the First Health NDF Pro5000™ for killing illness causing pathogens on all of your laundry and other fabrics. At home, simply replace your fabric softener with First Health NDF Pro5000™ during your normal washing. Read this simple article on how to clean and disinfect your laundry, clothes and other linen with our unique patented NDF Pro5000™
Will continuous use of First Health’s Nano Defence Protectants cause mutation in microorganisms and exacerbate the “super-bug” problem?
• No, this will not happen because the positively charged microspikes in our active protection layer destroys pathogens physically. Without chemical poisoning the micro-organisms will not be triggered to start building up immunity. In short, there is no impact on the “super-bug” issue. In fact,using First Health’s protectants is a highly effective means of securing active protection ongoing against cross contamination, infection and diseasespread.
What personal safety precautions do we need to take when prior to using applying First Health’s range of protectants
• There are a number of simple precautions that need to be taken as follows:
o Do not spray directly onto food or drinks (although sprays of our antimicrobial formulations onto food preparation surfaces and equipment are completely fine)
o Do not spray directly onto plants, pets, animals or fish